Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rotten Banana Bread/Muffins



Rotten Banana Bread
Why Rotten? Cause it just tastes better the more Rotten your bananas are!

1/2 C. Butter or margarine softened
1 1/4 C. Sugar (or 3/4 C. Sugar and 1/2 Cup unsweetened Applesauce)
2 eggs
3 mooshy bananas ( I have used 4 if they are small)
2 C. Unbleached Flour
1 t. Cinnamon
1 t. baking soda
pinch of salt

Cream butter and sugar till smooth. Add eggs and bananas mix well. I do NOT pulverize my bananas, I add
them whole and mix up with the rest hoping for some lovely chunks in the done product!
Add remaining ingredients.
Bake at 350 40 to 50 min checking after 40 min. When I make one big loaf it takes longer. When I do the 4 small ones its done at just at 40 min.

For Muffins:
Bake 15 to 17 min for small muffins (As shown)
up to 20 min for regular muffins. check for doneness!
Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar before baking-YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment