Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hershey's Chocolate Cake

Today I had the opportunity to go down to our church
building and Can the rest of my Cocoa powder.
It made me think of my favorite chocolate
cake recipe I found online! I actually use this
more to make mini cupcakes
than cakes but it's the one I like the best so far!


Preheat Oven to 350
Sift together:
2 C. Flour
2 C. Sugar
3/4 C. Cocoa Powder
2 t. Baking Soda
1 t. Salt

Add to mixture:
2 lg Eggs
1 C. Vegetable Oil
1 C. Buttermilk (Remember it's freezable!)
2 t. Real Vanilla
1 C. Boiling Water (I stir the above together before
adding the water so that I don't cook the eggs...)
Mix until Blended and smooth.

For mini Cupcakes Bake 15 min and check
For reg. Cupcakes Bake 20 Min and check
For Cake layers start at 25 min and check
for a single 9x13 layer you can bake at 300 for 1 hr.






No comments:

Post a Comment