Monday, July 26, 2010

My Macaroni Salad

This salad is my adaptation of the one my mom made. Hers included Chicken which my kids did NOT Like so I have omitted that. I also use Paprika sprinkled on the top before being served.

4 C. Cooked Macaroni (I like small shells or salad macaroni) Cook, Drain, Add:
1 bottle of diced Pimento (liquid and all, it keeps the macaroni from sticking together)
Add:
1/2 C. finely Chopped Celery (cause the kids complain if pieces are too big, it works either way)
1/4 C. finelyChopped onion (whichever kind you prefer I have used all of them they all work)
1/2 C. Diced green pepper (or a variety for more color)
4 or more (I use 6) hard boiled eggs chopped up
Dressing:
1 C. Miracle Whip (NOT Mayo)
1 T. yellow mustard
1 1/2 T. Vinegar (I like rice vinegar)
1 T. Sugar
Mix together add to salad
Sprinkle paprika over top.

This salad is good, but its GREAT if left overnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment