Friday, September 3, 2010

9 Layer Salad

This is my own take on the layered Salad. The nice thing about this one is you actually need to make it a day ahead of time!

1 C. Thinly sliced Celery (or diced if you prefer)
1 Lg. Bell pepper any color diced
1 sm onion chopped-I like red but green onions or a yellow onion work too
1 pkg frozen peas
1 head of lettuce Washed, Dried and chopped (make sure it's well dried!) Iceburg tastes the best to me but has no nutritional value so use whichever is best for your family.
1 C. Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 C. Crumbled Crispy cooked bacon
(Just before serving dice on large or 2 med/small ripe tomatoes)

Dressing:
1 C. Mayo
1 C. Sour Cream
1/2 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 T. sugar
2 t. Lemon Juice

Layer as follows
1-Lettuce
2-Celery
3-Bell Pepper
4-Onion
5-Peas
6-Dressing
7-Cheese
8-Bacon
9-Tomatoes (just before serving)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think this is something I could actually eat (gluten-wise). I would have to check the sour cream and mayo. It sounds delicious and perfect for a hot day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what we are having today for Labor Day! I am so excited to dig in! I might even have a ripe tomato on my vines to add!

    ReplyDelete