I can't believe I have never posted this recipe! One of our family favorites.
This recipe can be found here also:
- Olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce (homemade is good, but canned works too)
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese (or room temp cream cheese works too)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pound purchased cheese tortellini (I prefer the Costco cheese ones)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced smoked mozzarella
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish.
Whisk the sauce, mascarpone cheese, parsley and thyme in a large bowl to blend. Cook the tortellini in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Add the tortellini to the sauce and toss to coat. Transfer the tortellini mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top the mixture with the smoked mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 30 minutes.