Thursday, May 17, 2012

Enchilada Casserole-Tupperwave Cookbook

This is an OLD family favorite from back when I sold Tupperware. It's in the Tupperwave Stacked Cooked recipe book. My Hubby recently asked me to find it....lol I think he's missing some of the old favs... I am thinking of trying this one in the oven, I will post pics and let you know how it works out!

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 Med. Onion
1 can (10 oz ish) Enchilada Sauce (get whatever heat rating your family likes I do mild for me)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 corn tortillas cut into 8 wedges
1 1/4 cup shredded Cheese (cheddar/jack preferably)

Brown Meat and Onion in skillet then transfer to 2 qt. microwavable casserole dish.
Stir in Sauce, garlic powder, pepper.
Gently fold in Tortilla Wedges and  1 cup of  Cheese
Cook in Microwave on High for 6 to 8 min till heated through.

Serve with a little extra cheese on top and some sliced green onions.

TIP: Buy a LARGE package of ground beef at Costco, Sam's or your favorite grocery store and cook it up when you get home. Divide into 1 lb approx. freezer containers and Freeze! For recipes like this one I just pull out one of those containers from the freezer and defrost it in the microwave and use in the recipe. If I am thinking ahead I actually pull it out the night before and let it defrost in the fridge!

TIP 2- If you do a lot of recipes that call for Beef and Onions....Cook the onions with your ground beef and you have 2 steps done!!

TIP 3- Corn Tortillas freeze really well!!


No comments:

Post a Comment