Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hash Brown Quiche

This recipe was posted in our Relief Society Bulletin 2 weeks ago. It sounded good, so I made it!
Now, I can't find the recipe so I had to improvise! Here is what I did.

Pre-Heat the oven to 425

Spray the bottom of your DEEP pie dish with non stick cooking spray.

Take 1/2 pkg of shredded has browns and thaw. (should be 3 cups or so) and form into a crust on bottom and up the sides of your pie dish.
Melt 1/2 C. butter and drizzle over the crust. Salt and Pepper Crust and bake for 25 min in oven!
It should have some nice brown on the sides when you remove it from the oven.

While this cooks prepare filling:

2 scallions chopped
1 small green pepper diced or (1/2 of a large one)
Some leftover ham lunch meat diced -about 1/2 Cup
1 Cup of shredded cheese (I used Cheddar and some leftover cheddar jack)
4 eggs

When your crust comes out of the oven drop the temp to 350.
Sprinkle into the crust the ham, onion and peppers
Top with 1/2 of the cheese
whip up the eggs with a fork and pour over the filling
Sprinkle on the last 1/2 Cup of cheese and bake 30 min.

YUM

I want to attempt this with spinach and fetta cheese....I will let you know how it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment