Monday, June 6, 2011

Apple Brown Betty (Apple Crisp)

This recipe is one I remember from childhood. My mom made this from her old Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book. I never knew how easy it was to make!! Now, I will never bother trying another!! Here goes:

Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees
Spray your pan with Pam

If you have an "apple, peeler, corer, slicer" dig it out and use it on 4 granny smith apples.
If NOT,  peel, core and thinly slice those apples and toss them in an 8x8 or 9x9 pan.

In a food processor combine:
3/4 C. Packed Brown sugar
1/2 C. sifted Flour
1/2 C. Rolled Oats (I just use non quick cooking oats)
1 t. cinnamon
3/4 t. nutmeg
1/3 cup cold butter cubed
Mix together, toss over apples covering all and cook for 35 min. till golden brown.
Serve over vanilla ice cream
add some caramel sauce for an extra smooth bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment